Newly arrived from Ukraine?

On this page you will find a summary of our support and information about and links to other Swedish authorities in English. You can also read all our content on in English or Ukrainian by clicking on Google Translate at the top of the page.

On the Swedish Migration Agency’s website you will find information about how you can apply for a residence permit with temporary protection. The agency has recently launched a digital e-service for application.

Haninge Municipality´s support and care

You can read all our content on in English by clicking on google translate at the top of the page. Below you will find a summary of our support and information about and links to other swedish authorities.

Children and young people who apply for asylum or a residence permit in Sweden have the right to education in our schools. Haninge municipality has great habit and experience of receiving children in similar situations and then offers them a school place. The municipality's switchboard can be reached on 08-606 70 00 or you can email:


For those who live in our temporary evacuation accommodation at the old Runsten school, the Haninge municipality provides various forms of advice, support, treatment, care and leisure activities to ensure that the quality of life for residents is as good as possible.

Travel in Haninge and Stockholm region

You are welcome to use your Ukrainian passport or identity card as a valid ticket when travelling by public transport in Stockholm. To plan your trip, visit:

Healthcare in Stockholm County

When you or someone in your family become ill, healthcare is always available near you. Here, you can read more about which healthcare options are available and where to get help. If you do not know what kind of healthcare you require, please call 1177. If it is an emergency and you require immediate care, please call 112. Read more on

Protect yourself and others - recommendations about covid-19:

Covid-19 in English
Covid- 19 in Ukrainian is a website run by the County Administrative Boards that contains information about Sweden for asylum seekers and people who have recently been granted a residence permit.

The content of the website has been translated into English and Russian, among other languages.

How to speak to children about the war

On you can find information about how to speak to children about the war in Ukraine.
Worrying About War: Questions and answers for children -

Culture and leisure in Handen

There is a lot to see and do in central Haninge. Take part of a wide range of culture for children and adults, enjoy the outdoor life and our leisure activities.

Senast uppdaterad: 8 december 2022